The Phoenix Dervish

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Muslim Atheist Dialogue Part 2


So why did he create the bad people, to disrupt the peace and harmony of the world………?


God did not create “bad people” no one is born on sin according to Islam. There is not concept of Original Sin in Islam. People become good or bad because of their own choices, when I choose to commit a sin I have the power not to do it! God does not put anyone in a trial which they cannot pass. Thus do not blame God for your actions, because He has given you the power to change yourself and your actions. In Islam people are born on “Fitra” which is the Inherent Nature of Excellence. This inherent nature is positive and leads people to do good things in their life. Also people have stark reminders of their true purpose in life. By this I mean they have windows of opportunity to accept the truth of God. Yet they fail to embrace such opportunities and remain lost in their purpose. People who have had near death experiences can relate to what I've just said. People like Cat Stevens and Hamza Yusuf turned to Islam after life threatening incidents. It's at moments like these that we really understand how helpless and fragile we are in the eyes of God. Frankly as a practicing Muslim I can assure you that the spiritual aspects of Islam which are attained through prayer have given me such a sweet contentment of the heart that I cannot put into words. I have absolutely no worries in this world, I have faith in God and this faith gives me such contentment and confidence that nothing of this world can provide.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home