The Phoenix Dervish

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Journey of a 1000 Miles


It’s been a while since I’ve been on a long journey. Unlike most people I enjoy traveling to distant places, savoring the culture, cuisine and customs of the people along my path. The most unforgettable journey of my life so far has been the Great Pilgrimage (The Hajj). Recently I got a chance to travel through Pakistan on the old English train route. Even though the journey was marred by delays, I enjoyed great company. Met some really interesting people, an insurance salesman, a preacher, one business student and a malang (holy man). All of us spent the entire night remembering all we could of our faith and sharing the stories of mysticism and spirituality. Nights like these are priceless, where emotions are high and theology is felt penetrating your soul. In two days I had passed through Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Bahawalpur Faysalabad. . .Lahore, Chakwal and Finally Islamabad. My father always says “Travel is a Teacher, The best of Teachers!”
Hope life has more to offer, more travels and more tales.

Oh and Eid Mubarik to all, Vix, Twice Translated, Cow, Ticky Talk and Tasha

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home