The Phoenix Dervish

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Purpose of Life


The purpose of life, what is it? Why are we here? and what do we hope to accomplish in this life? Where were we before this life and where will we go after this existence ends? These are the most important questions yet they receive hundreds of different answers, I guess that’s because people don’t really know. Every time you ask anyone they just answer with what they have heard other people say, not what they really think or have come to learn. I’ve seen some brilliant scientists saying science can help answer these questions, but I don’t buy that. The fundamental question is, is all this an accident? You me and everything in the universe, just that. . .an accident? Can such accidents really happen? When I look at the sky, I know that’s not there by an accident. When I marvel at the oceans I know they have not been created in vain. Everything in nature has a purpose, intricately designed and crafted to perfection. Surely all this splendor has a creator and sustainer. I for one humble myself in front of this Creator whose bounties I am ever grateful for. Praise be to the Most Merciful who has given me the ability to contemplate all this and submit myself to His will.

2 Comments:

  • i've gotten a bit behind in all of this blogging business. i hope all is well--happy new year, eid mubarak :))

    By Blogger twice translated, at 12:07 AM  

  • the purpose of life....
    isint it a life of purpose?

    By Blogger Zyenab, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home